The Yambio community is in the State of Western Equatoria where the people are predominantly from the Azande tribe. It is an area which has remained peaceful thoughout the recent internal conflict in South Sudan. The principal purpose of the Yambio community is to deliver Education programmes for primary school teachers with students coming from all states of South Sudan.
Solidarity Teacher Training College – Yambio
Solidarity with South Sudan is dedicated to providing in-service and pre-service teacher training in Southern Sudan. Currently, construction is taking place in Malakal and Yambio to create Teacher Training Institute campuses which will serve as pre-service hubs and allowing staff to give in-service training in the greater surrounding areas. In Yambio, in-service training is currently being delivered in the nearby community of Nzara.
- Sr. Margaret Scott RNDM (Principal)
- Sr. Margaret Sheehan FCJ (TTC Bursar)
- Sr. Margaret Malone SSND
- Br. Methodius Kuusoru FIC (Lecturer)
- Br. Adrian Watson FSC
- Sr Ailish O’Brien RSM (Lecturer)
- Sr. Guillermina Margot Vasquez Rubinos AHJ
- Sr Carolyn Buhs SNDdN
- Br. Christopher Soosai FSC
- Mr. Allan Drummond (Lay volunteer)
- Ms. Monica Gaspari (Lay volunteer)