Solidarity Projects Italy ONLUS is seeking to recruit a Fundraising Officer with basic knowledge in grant writing and reporting, organization of events and digital fundraising, IT and social media, with a good knowledge of both written and spoken English and Italian, able to work with Excel, Word and Publisher. Excellent organisational skills, flexibility and attention to details are required.
The job position is in Rome, with the possibility of short travels when needed, to visit donors in EU, and/or visit projects locations in South Sudan.
The Fundraising Officer reports to the Director of Fundraising and works in collaboration with the Communication Officer in Rome, and with other Solidarity with South Sudan Officers/members when required.
Contract and Salary: Full-time (40hrs/week), 2° level CCNL Servizi e Terziario (according to Italian Law), starting with a temporary contract of 6 months, with possibility to extend to a permanent contract.
Please email CV & cover letter to email@example.com by February 16th.
Late applications will not be considered. Unsuitable applications will not receive a response.
The overall task of the Fundraising Officer will be: Promotion of the mission and values of Solidarity with South Sudan.
The tasks in details are:
- Collaborate with the Director of Fundraising (DF) in developing and executing Solidarity with South Sudan’s multi-annual fundraising plan.
- Collaborate with the DF in securing financial support from individuals, foundations, congregations and corporations.
- Collaborate with the DF in promoting and marketing Solidarity with South Sudan fundraising events and attending such profile raising events as required.
- Collaborate with the DF and the Communication Officer in creating and implementing a digital and social media fundraising strategy.
- Collaborate with the DF in developing a “donors care” strategy.
- Collaborate with the DF in creating and implementing a strategy for cultivating individual donors.
- Collaborate with the DF in investigating the possibility of submitting applications for prizes and awards that will raise the profile of Solidarity with South Sudan and secure funding.
- Collaborate with the DF in writing of grant applications in timely fashion to ongoing prospective donors.
- Collaborate with the DF in maintaining a transparent relationship with donor agencies and reporting back to donors on the expenditure of grants.
- Collaborate with the Communication Officer in organizing and keeping updated the electronic and paper record-keeping, to ensure that the fundraising documents are well kept.
- Collaborate with the Communication Officer in the development and regular publication of the Solidarity Newsletter.
- Collaborate with the Communication Officer in reviewing the Solidarity with South Sudan website frequently, to ensure the website fundraising information is up to date.
- Fluent in Italian and English to professional competency.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- IT Competency (eg. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Social Media, Marketing Tools, etc ).
- Ability to see the big picture, setting priorities and keeping track of progress.
IMPORTANT: The job description is not exhaustive, and other tasks may be required to the Fundraising Officer, if needed.